Live the Olympics... Be an Olympian for a day!
Theme: Olympic Games
Duration: 3 hours
Age Group: 4-14 years old / parents
Minimum Participation: 50 children
Maximum Participation: 250 children
Admission: 20 euro/ child+ 2 parents
12.00-12.30: Kids Welcome
- Welcome session at the Museum Foyer. Participants have their photo taken with the RIO Olympic Torch 2016.
- Participants form five groups with each group representing one of the colors of the Olympic Rings.
12.30-14.30: Educational Program
Museum educators take the groups to the permanent exhibition. This is done in a procession manner simulating the Olympic Games Opening Ceremony. Each group follows a certain route, organized as a journey intended to familiarize participants with five different Olympic sports. Kids learn about the sports and are encouraged to actively participate through on-site demonstrations as if they were Olympians themselves. Individual performances are monitored and recorded in a special form while digital applications collecting data produce the participants’ digital anthropometric profiles. For parents there is the option of Kids Olympics live broadcast. During the course of the program, an animator, acting as a journalist, reports on the Games’ progress. Parents who watch the broadcast from the foyer may enjoy a tea/coffee, or, for an extra fee of 5€ have some wine and appetizers.
14.30-15.00: Closing Ceremony
- The program concludes with a Closing Ceremony parade wherein the kids carry the Olympic flag from the main exhibition hall to the Museum’s amphitheatre.
- The space is specially designed to host the Medal Ceremony during which the kids receive their medals and Olympic certificates while the Olympic Anthem plays.
Exhibition Hall: Olympic Games
Program Coordination: Museum Educators / Animator – Live Broadcast
- Professional photo shoot & event filming
- Medals for all
More articles about the Olympic Museum: Thessaloniki Olympic Museum, the agent of the Olympic spirit