A different winter hiking experience in Greece along with Trekking Hellas!
Start point is the Deffner Shelter at the base of Gerontovrachos ski center (1800m altitude). Then, you will walk in snowy trails enjoying the peace and tranquility of the mountain all dressed in white, feeling like floating on the snow.
The scenery will alternate between alpine and forest environment. On days with clear weather you will get tha chance to enjoy the magical view of the Corinthian Gulf and the Peloponesse mountains. Families with young children can follow an alternative “light fun hike” combining snowshoes for adults and sledges for kids. If you are interested in this option please contact the company for more information.
- Enjoy walking on the snow
- Beautiful Mt. Parnassos winter forest area
- Unique view on the Corinthian Gulf
- Outdoor activities
Duration: 3 hours
Period of Operation: End of December to April (depending on snow)
Terms of participation:
- Basic physical condition
- Age 10 years and above
The tour includes:
- English speaking Trekking Hellas Guide
- All necessary equipment for the operation of the activity
- Greek traditional picnic lunch and a warm drink after the activity (coffee, tea or hot chocolate)
09:00: Meeting at Deffner shelter at the base of Gerontovrachos ski center.
09:00 – 11:30: Snowshoes hike
11:30 – 12:00: Traditional picnic and warm drink
What should I bring with me?
- Small backpack with bottled water
- Comfortable clothes (preferably quick-drying material : cotton or polycotton not denim)
- Hiking boots
- Hat or beanie, sunglasses sunblock
- Waterproof jacket / membrane (for the rainy days)
45€/person for 4-6 participants
55€/person for min 3 participants
65€/person for min 2 participants (for less or more participants please contact us)
Trekking Hellas Parnassos Mountain
Τel.: (+30) 22670 31901
Address: Arachova, 32004, Voiotia Prefecture
Korodimos George (+30) 6981 114041
More Information: https://trekking.gr/en/product_en/snowshoes-hike/