Learn how to participate and help as a volunteer to protect the sea turtle by experiencing unique experiences in Greece!
For over thirty years, ARCHELON has been protecting sea turtles and their habitats. Particularly ARCHELON has projects in Zakynthos, Peloponnese, Ambrakikos Gulf and Crete, which start in May and last for the whole sea turtle nesting season, until October.
Additionally, the Rescue Center, located in the 3rd Marina of Glyfada, is open all year round and hosts injured and weak turtles that arrive from all around Greece.
Every year, ARCHELON accepts more than 500 volunteers from around the world, in order to protect the turtles. Volunteers participate in activities for turtle protection, public awareness, and equipment maintenance. The volunteers live in campings and some of them have quite basic facilities.
- You want to gain a unique experience working on the Caretta caretta nesting beaches
- You want to meet new people from around the world
- You are prepared to handle demanding work and often harsh living conditions
- You are over 18 years old (maximum 65)
- You have at least 4 weeks in your disposal
- You have a quite good level of English
Then visit the ARCHELON website, www.archelon.gr, read carefully all the necessary information and then fill in the online application form.
Especially this year due to the large amount of nesting there is urgent need for volunteers in August in all our projects. Volunteers cover their transport costs, their nutrition and other personal expenses.
For more information please contact:
ARCHELON, the Sea Turtle Protection Society of Greece
57 Solomou str.,10432 Athens GREECE
Tel/Fax: +30 210 5231342